Reporting to: Stage Manager / Artistic Director
Time commitment: see below
Daily rate: £100 per performance, £50 per washing day
Ballet Black are seeking a Wardrobe Mistress for the 2020 Spring Tour
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of all costume and wardrobe related tasks at the theatre
- Prepare costumes (ironing, laundering) for each performance as required
- Be available backstage at stage rehearsals and performances to assist with quick changes
- Attend to all repairs or costume alterations
- Ensure costumes are delivered to appropriate dressing rooms or stage manager in time for rehearsals/performances.
- Collecting all items of costume after a performance, ensuring they are packed and returned to flight cases where necessary
- Managing the laundering of costumes between shows.
- Take responsibility for costumes between performance (laundering, necessary repairs)
- Management and maintenance of costume and wardrobe stock
- Manage costume storage on tour
- Create costume list and information packs for washing/care
- Maintenance of wardrobe equipment
- Attending occasional staff meetings, rehearsals and other events as required
- Undertaking other duties as may be reasonably required.
- A minimum of one years’ relevant experience, preferably in a touring environment.
- Experience of working with costumes for dance, or relevant transferable experience.
- Costume construction knowledge and making skills.
- A flexible approach to working (regular evening and weekend working is required)
- Comfortable touring (UK and International)
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Specialist costuming skills, e.g knowledge of dyeing, costume construction, hair and make-up, etc
- An interest in the work of Ballet Black.
A London-based candidate is preferred as this is where the Company is based and our longest theatre runs also take place here.
Confirmed dates (please note that this is frequently added to and should not be considered exhaustive):
- 23rd – 29th March 2020: Barbican, London (includes tech and dress rehearsal dates)
- 30th April 2020
- 6th May 2020
- 3-4th June 2020
- 16th-17th June 2020
- 20th June 2020
- 27th June 2020
Further dates from October – November 2020
How to Apply: Please send your CV and Cover letter with the subject ‘Wardrobe Mistress’ to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the 21st of February 2020 at 18:00.